Information detailing your procedure will have been supplied to you on consult. Please read all the information carefully as it outlines your procedure, any preparation needed, also any potential risks, and the expected outcomes. Please also refer to the checklist below.
Pre-Admission is a very important part of your medical care at Rosemont Endoscopy Centre. If you have not completed our Online Health Assessment on consult then please either follow the below link or collect and fill-in a paper copy that can be brought in with you on the day of surgery.
Our nurse may contact you by telephone prior to your admission to discuss your medical history, admission and discharge details. Please take this opportunity to raise any questions or concerns you have about your admission.
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (e.g. DVA, Private health insurance, WorkCover or self-funding)
- Benefit details (e.g. pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- You will be asked to arrive 30 minutes before your procedure time in order to complete the admission process.
- In the event of delays, we ask for your understanding. Where delays occur, our staff commit to keeping you updated.
- Prepare to be at Rosemont Endoscopy Centre for approximately three hours.
- Bring music or a book to keep you entertained (you will be allocated a small locker for when you’re in surgery).
- Light refreshments will be provided to you after your procedure is finished when you have woken up from your sedation.
If you have any queries or concerns please feel free to contact our friendly staff on 02 4226 5499
Checklist for Gastroenterology Procedure
- Check time, date and address for Rosemont Endoscopy Centre.
- Discuss your travel arrangements to and from surgery with us – we have parking available if you require it.
- Fast from food and fluids as per the instructions given to you.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Wash your hair, remove makeup and jewellery.
- Do not wear contact lenses (if they are the type that requires removal at night time).
- Bring medications that would normally be due to take.
- Leave jewellery and valuables at home.
- Prepare to be at Rosemont for approximately 3 hours.
- Inform us if you are on aspirin, Astrix, Cardiprin, Warfarin, Plavix, Iscover, Assasantin, Dipyridamole, or any other blood thinner.